Miracle Gone Askew

 


This is it. This was the photo I received to find out that this was truly over.

I had made a wish on Christmas Eve to help my father. My dying father. It was innocent enough, a wish for him to not die. How was I supposed to know that it would somehow switch the bodies of my girlfriend and himself overnight?
When we realized what had happened, we all worked together to try to fix it. My girlfriend couldn't be of any help, she was barely able to move from her hospital bed. So me and my father worked to find a solution to my wish gone askew.
It all began changing slowly at first however, then it began to get faster. What changed was my father's personality. He was of course fascinated by his new body, who wouldn't be? But it was what he began doing that started to worry me. Dressing skimpier, stealing glances at his body when he was supposed to be researching, I even caught him playing with his breasts a few times.
After a week, the final nail in the coffin came when he showed up to our home one day in very high spirits. He was happy, abnormally happy, he even seemed to be 'glowing' in a way. That whole research session we did, he was barely paying attention, instead he was distracted more so than usual. He even made an excuse to leave early.
However, right after he left, I found out how to switch them back. Both parties had to wish for the switch to be reversed.
I furiously messaged and called my dad, trying to get his attention. But he never answered, even leaving some texts left on read.


A few hours later I got a message from my mom that my 'dad' was close to flatlining. I raced to the hospital and picked up the pace of trying to contact my father. He still didn't answer, when he read the text that his body was dying, he sent me this picture message. And that's when I realized he had no intention of switching back.
As my girlfriend passed away, I could do nothing but think of how the horror of this whole mess was my fault.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

During A Storm #12: Jumpstart

Time Bided Successfully